What causes itchy bumps on body with lip swelling?
Most likely you have an allergy
Thanks for writing in to us.
I have read through your query in detail.
It looks like you have developed an allergy to some substance around you which may include something that is in your environment or food. This sort of hypersensitivity reaction flares up on the occasions when you are exposed to that particular substance which causes release of chemicals like histamines in your system leading to itches and bumps. The fact that taking benadryl reduces the symptoms further clarifies that its an allergic reaction.
It is suggested that you keep a close watch on any particular substance in food or in your environment following exposure to which itches and bumps appear. This may be discussed with your doctor in detail it it would be better to avoid exposure to these substances.
Hope your query is answered.
Do write back if you have any doubts.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Done with CAT scan and ultrasound. Taking Testosterone. Ultrasound...
- Scheduled for fusion of vertebeae and laminectomy. Should I go ahead...
- Fell down and hurt chest. What are the findings in the x-ray report?
- Is there any treatment to increase the size of penis?
- Had a history of colon cancer and had bowel resection. Left butt is...
- Swollen lymph nodes under arms and groin hurts and have sores. Could...
- Suffered arachnoid hemorrhage after head injury. Suffer constant...
- What is the cause for itchy underarms?
- On warfarin for PE. Having bleeding from rectum. Should I go to the ER?
- Taking amoxicillin for sinus infection. Slight fluctuations in...