What does my lab test report indicate?

Dr. Prasad

Posted on Fri, 6 Oct 2017 in Internal Doctor Category
Question: Hi Docs,

I may have skin allergy(hive). Waiting for Ige test report.
But whenever I used to in take allergy causing food ,I had to take medecine to avoid skin iching.

This is about last night, I took normal chapati and ladyfinger dish in dinner. When I woke up this morning, my eyes got swelling and my lower lip was half numb and swell down.

Could it be because of allergy or something with the food or something else?

Please advice. Thanks in advance.
Answered by Dr. Prasad 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
Angioedema perhaps...

Detailed Answer:

What you describe - the eye swelling as well as lip swelling seems like angioedema. And yes this is related to allergy. However without physical examination and test it is difficult to confirm the precise cause of allergy. It may be related to the food you ate or sometimes an insect bite reaction / medications if any.

If the swelling has not regressed, you should visit a doctor.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you need clarifications.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad