What causes itching between toes and fingers during pregnancy?
Thanks for the query to HCM,
As you are already in the midst of scabies treatment it is advisable that you complete it first. The itching may increase as the dead mites in the burrows can often act as an allergen to the body and cause itching. Ideally an antihistaminic like astimazole should be taken along with it twice a day to relieve itching.
Astimazole is pregnancy safe and devoid os sedative side effects. At 5 months you can use it safely. Scabies takes time to get treated and itching which is more often seen at evenings and night when the mite leaves the burrow can be reduced with antihistaminic use.
the lesions are typical and likely that its scabies only. Just complete the treatment and if the papules persists in webs of fingers and toes then a local green fluorescent light may be used to examine the skin and burrows at dermatologist and if need be a biopsy from the burrow can be taken and if a mite is visualised under magnification, then diagnosis shall be confirmed , though scabies is a clinical diagnosis.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Have swollen finger toes and lips what is causing this
- What causes black between the toes
- What are the causes for cramps in fingers and toes
- Causes of cut between toes
- What causes red toes
- What causes blisters on toes
- What causes itching and red dots on toe
- What causes numbness and itching in feet and toes
- Causes pimple between toes
- What causes fingers and toes to turn white