What causes irregular periods?
needs to be investigated to find out the cause.
Welcome to HCM.
I can understand your concerns for your wife.
In my opinion, she needs to be investigated to find out the cause for her symptoms.
Some necessary tests which are needed in her case would be:
1. Thyroid function tests- thyroid disorders can cause weight gain and altered menses.
2. Serum prolactin levels- altered prolactin levels can affect menses as well.
3. Ultrasound examination- To determine polycystic ovarian disease. It can cause weight gain and altered menses.
Other than this, stress can cause altered menses.
Does she take any medicines?
Hope this helps.
Kindly discuss this with her gynecologist for necessary examinations and discuss these issues.
Feel free to discuss this further.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What is the cause and treatment for irregular periods
- What causes missing irregular periods
- Irregular periods difficulty in conception what are the causes
- Overweight getting irregular period what is causing this and cure
- What causes irregular periods with breast sorenessheadachesdizziness and nausea
- Have irregular periods what is the cause and cure
- What can cause irregular periods
- What could be cause of irregular period with negative hpt
- Taking mercilon for irregular periods cause of irregular periods
- What causes irregular periods and blood clot discharge