What causes irregular and frequent vaginal bleeding?
Hormonal disturbances likely
I have gone through your question and understand your concerns.
Having irregular and frequent bleeding per vaginum can be due to hormonal disturbances, which are quite common in perimenopausal age group( usually from 45-52 years), and is known as dysfunctional uterine bleeding.
However, other causes like local lesions in cervix, vagina, or uterus could also be the cause. In your age group, cervical carcinoma and uterine carcinoma should also be ruled out as they also have the symptoms of irregular bleeding.
Foot cramps is most probably not related to irregular bleeding. It can be due to sodium disturbances which is common in summers due to excessive sweating and poor fluid intake.
The drug flexiril you are taking is a muscle relaxant and has no effect on menstrual cycle.
I would suggest you to consult an OBGYN specialist to get properly examined, investigated( ultrasound, pap smear and endometrial biopsy) and treated accordingly.
For foot cramps, increase intake of salted water or oral rehydration solution. If not relieved, then do consult a physician.
Hope you found the answer helpful. Please do get back for further queries.
Wishing you good health.
Dr Deepti Verma
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes vaginal bleeding in the second trimester
- What is causing grey discharge and vaginal bleeding
- What causes vaginal bleeding
- What causes vaginal bleeding after radical hysterectomy
- What causes vaginal bleeding and itching
- Prolonged vaginal bleeding what could be the cause
- Does vyvanse cause irregular vaginal bleeding
- What is the cause of sudden vaginal bleeding
- What causes internal vaginal bleeding
- Irregular vaginal bleeding causes