What causes intertrigo?
Thanks for using HCM.
What your husband has is called intertrigo.
Most often it is due to candida infection. Sometimes it is due to bacterial infection.
Diabetes is a risk factor. So he needs to get his blood glucose level checked.
Moisture is another risk factor. So he needs to keep his foot dry.
A swab/scrapping from the lesion may be done to confirm the presence of candida or any other bacterial infection.
If it is due to candida, then topical antifungal medication clotrimazole may be applied.
I hope that answers your query.
Let me know if you have any more questions.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for poor skin fixation on the shaft of the penis
- Is there any relationship between salt cravings and parathyroid disorder?
- Suggest treatment for mild aortic blockage
- What causes a radiating warmth from the chest area under the sternum?
- Can Mucinex Sinus-Max be taken along with Gengraf, Prednisone and...
- Can Acetaminophen be taken while on Hydrocodone - Homatropine?
- What causes vision sensitivity to light and itching?
- What causes swelling on left side of face?
- Suggest treatment for lower back pain, anxiety, depression, frequent...
- What causes lightheadedness especially when moving around or bending?