What causes intermittent dry cough after meals in a teenager?
He is having gastroesophageal reflux disease
Hello! Thanks for putting your query in HCM. I am a Gastroenterologist.
I appreciate your concerns regarding your son
From description you have given suggest that he is suffering from gastroesophageal reflux disease for which I will suggest :
1. To avoid tea, coffee, oily and spicy food.
2. Also avoid citrus fruits.
3. Among medications take a proton pump inhibitor like rabeprazole and a prokinetic agent like domperidone.
4. Don't lie down at least for 2 hrs after any meal and
5. Don't drink water for at least 2 hrs with any meal
I hope I have answered your query and this will help you . Wish you a good health.