What causes inter menstrual spotting?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Mar 2016
Mar 2016

OBGYN
Question
Hi doctor,
Im experience a traces of blood a drop or 2 between my periods from past 4-5 cycles.
Is it serious problem to worry about?
Posted Sat, 16 Aug 2014 in Women's Health

Answered by Dr. S Patra 57 minutes later
Brief Answer:
NO NEED TO WORRY MUCH.

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for writing to us. Followings are my comments.

1) Hormonal imbalance (due to effect of the tablet) and pelvic infection may cause this type of inter-menstrual spotting. However, it is very mild (according to given information) and you don't need to worry much. Just maintain genital hygiene properly.

2) Another thing, it may be a sign of ovulation if it occurs in the middle of the cycle. It is quite NORMAL. It occurs due to sudden drop in estrogen that occurs just before ovulation and leads to withdrawal bleeding (mild).

Hope, it helps for your information. Kindly, close the discussion if you don't have any other query.

Wish your good health and take care yourself.

Dr Soumen

For future query, you can directly approach me through

http://doctor.healthcaremagic.com/Funnel?page=askDoctorDirectly&docId=63326