What causes high fever that do not respond to cold sponging?
Likely infection. needs workup and management
Thank you for asking
I read your question and I understand your concern. High grade Fever of 103 for the last two days not responding to cold sponging and Tylenol etc is worth assessment and workup. It's time to visit a paediatrician and get some labs done to help find the focus of this infection causing fever. Your daughter will likely need antibiotic. My money is on airways or ear nose throat infection. Don't worry one course of antibiotics will likely fix it. Get to a paediatrician for further management.
I hope it helps. Take good care of yourself and don't forget to close the discussion please.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes gums to hurt and high fever
- Cold extremity but high fever
- High fever and cold feet
- High fever cold
- High fever cold symptoms followed by calf pain cause
- High fever with cold arms
- What causes persistent high fever
- What causes breathing difficulty with palpitations and high fever
- What causes breathing problem and recurrent high fever
- What causes twitching of eyes with high fever