Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
163 Doctors are Online

What causes high fever and body pain?

User rating for this question
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 2611 Questions
Dear Doctor, I request a second opinion from you. I had done a blood test today since I had high fever, shivering and body pain since three days. The doctor has told me that I have double typhoid/very high case of typhoid. The doctor has prescribed some medicines and asked me not to eat non-veg for a week. I will attach the lab report kindly let me know if there is anything else which I need to take care of? I would also like to know if there is any restriction on alcohol/beer intake after a week?
Fri, 13 Apr 2018 in Internal Doctor Category
Answered by Dr. Prasad 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Widal titres are significant....

Detailed Answer:

I went through your reports. Yes, the widal titres are significant and it's possible that you are suffering from Typhoid infection. The treatment started includes antibiotics for typhoid infection. You may follow it as instructed.

If fever doesn't resolve in the next 3-4 days, you need further evaluation which may include a repeat Widal Test.

Yes, it is beneficial to avoid spicy food during typhoid infection. Drink plenty of fluids. Rich fruits and vegetables will help. Avoid alcohol and bear also.

Hope this answers your question. Let me know if you need clarification.
Wish you a speedy recovery!!!

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor