What causes high fever and body pain?

Dr. Prasad

Posted on Fri, 13 Apr 2018 in Internal Doctor Category
Question: Dear Doctor, I request a second opinion from you. I had done a blood test today since I had high fever, shivering and body pain since three days. The doctor has told me that I have double typhoid/very high case of typhoid. The doctor has prescribed some medicines and asked me not to eat non-veg for a week. I will attach the lab report kindly let me know if there is anything else which I need to take care of? I would also like to know if there is any restriction on alcohol/beer intake after a week?
Answered by Dr. Prasad 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Widal titres are significant....

Detailed Answer:

I went through your reports. Yes, the widal titres are significant and it's possible that you are suffering from Typhoid infection. The treatment started includes antibiotics for typhoid infection. You may follow it as instructed.

If fever doesn't resolve in the next 3-4 days, you need further evaluation which may include a repeat Widal Test.

Yes, it is beneficial to avoid spicy food during typhoid infection. Drink plenty of fluids. Rich fruits and vegetables will help. Avoid alcohol and bear also.

Hope this answers your question. Let me know if you need clarification.
Wish you a speedy recovery!!!