• question-icon

    What causes high erection angle during intercourse?

Posted on Tue, 16 Aug 2016 in Men's Health
Question: So my pens be Bent And I know people say it's normal but when erect mines is at an 90 degree angle I've been worried about it what's wrong with
Answered by Dr. Chintan Solanki 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
90 degree is unusual

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for writing to us.

There is some confusion.

You have mentioned your gender by mistake female.

Penis in erection position bent at 90 degree is quite unusual as it is too painful. Please clarify that you have mentioned correctly. If possible please upload photograph.

- Since when do you have this problem?

It can be peyronie's disease.
Peyronie's disease in simple language is curvature of the penis more than 25 degree and more observed when penis is erect. It is chronic inflammation of the tunica albuginea is a connective tissue disorder involving the growth of fibrous plaques in the soft tissue of the penis. When pain is there during erection due to curvature treatment is needed.

Anti inflammatory medicine are used to reduce inflammation. Recently collagenase clostridium histolyticum (Xiaflex) is approved for Peyronie disease. It is a proteinase that hydrolyzes collagen and used in injectable form.

Other approach is surgical. It depends on severity of problem as it may lead to shortening of penis.

Diabetes and hypertension can cause more severe peyronie's disease as they increases inflammation.
- Let me know if you have diabetes or blood pressure.

I will be happy to help further after your response.
Dr.Chintan Solanki.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar
Follow up: Dr. Chintan Solanki 14 minutes later
sorry, this is for my 12 year old son, he was too embarrassed to ask me or his dad. go figure. he wanted me to make an appt with his primary doctor, but didn't want to tell me why?

It doesn't hurt at all but I want to fix it though
Answered by Dr. Chintan Solanki 9 hours later
Brief Answer:
consulting surgeon will help

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for clarification and information. Sorry for delayed response.

Usually age of 10 many children hesitate or shy to report such problem to the parents. No need to worry about that aspect. Take him to general surgeon for evaluation. Proper history and physical examination can give clue to diagnosis. It is good that at least he has told to take appointment with doctor.

Feel free to discuss further.

Take care.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Follow up: Dr. Chintan Solanki 17 minutes later
thank you
Answered by Dr. Chintan Solanki 1 hour later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:
You are welcome. Hope he will be fine soon.

Take care.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Answered by
Dr. Chintan Solanki


Practicing since :2007

Answered : 2406 Questions


The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on

Recent questions on  Tunica albuginea

doctor1 MD

Hello, i got a penis injury 2 months ago now i think, and it really scared me. I heard a popping sound, but there was no pain at all, no blood, no...

doctor1 MD

Hello, could you please explain how and why penile length is lost because of peyronies disease. And when they talk about loss after surgery does...

doctor1 MD

Hi, 43 yr old male on Aug 2012 MRI Pelvis w/focus on the penis was performed with and without IV contrast. Findings: there are 3 soft tissue...

doctor1 MD

this has been happening to me for about 2 weeks now my first symptom was a hard like lump under skin at the base of my penis and about 2 inches up...

doctor1 MD

Hi. I woke up with an erection, and when I tried to fold it down it my penis made a popping sound. Now my testicles are almost 3x the normal size,...

doctor1 MD

Hello...I am a male of nearly 40 and have never had problems in sexual nature but last night had some sex in a doggy style position and as we were...

Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties

188 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM Blog Questions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction
Questions Answered By Dr. Chintan Solanki
  • Q - Can Chlorpromazine and Sodium Valproate Sandoz be taken in pregnancy?

  • Q - Suggest treatment for OCD

  • Q - Suggest treatment for delayed ejaculation

  • Q - How to wean off of Trazadone?

  • Q - What causes anxiety and visual problems after taking psychedelic mushrooms?

  • Q - Suggest treatment for anxiety

  • Q - What causes drowsiness during day time?

  • Q - Can Solian and Lexapro be taken together?

  • Q - Suggest treatment for erectile dysfunction caused by over masturbation

  • Q - Suggest an alternative treatment for premature ejaculation