• question-icon

What causes high erection angle during intercourse?

Posted on Tue, 16 Aug 2016 in Men's Health
Question: So my pens be Bent And I know people say it's normal but when erect mines is at an 90 degree angle I've been worried about it what's wrong with
me
Answered by Dr. Chintan Solanki 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
90 degree is unusual

Detailed Answer:

There is some confusion.

You have mentioned your gender by mistake female.

Penis in erection position bent at 90 degree is quite unusual as it is too painful. Please clarify that you have mentioned correctly. If possible please upload photograph.

- Since when do you have this problem?

It can be peyronie's disease.
Peyronie's disease in simple language is curvature of the penis more than 25 degree and more observed when penis is erect. It is chronic inflammation of the tunica albuginea is a connective tissue disorder involving the growth of fibrous plaques in the soft tissue of the penis. When pain is there during erection due to curvature treatment is needed.

Anti inflammatory medicine are used to reduce inflammation. Recently collagenase clostridium histolyticum (Xiaflex) is approved for Peyronie disease. It is a proteinase that hydrolyzes collagen and used in injectable form.

Other approach is surgical. It depends on severity of problem as it may lead to shortening of penis.

Diabetes and hypertension can cause more severe peyronie's disease as they increases inflammation.
- Let me know if you have diabetes or blood pressure.

I will be happy to help further after your response.
Dr.Chintan Solanki.

Follow up: Dr. Chintan Solanki 14 minutes later
sorry, this is for my 12 year old son, he was too embarrassed to ask me or his dad. go figure. he wanted me to make an appt with his primary doctor, but didn't want to tell me why?

It doesn't hurt at all but I want to fix it though
Answered by Dr. Chintan Solanki 9 hours later
Brief Answer:
consulting surgeon will help

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for clarification and information. Sorry for delayed response.

Usually age of 10 many children hesitate or shy to report such problem to the parents. No need to worry about that aspect. Take him to general surgeon for evaluation. Proper history and physical examination can give clue to diagnosis. It is good that at least he has told to take appointment with doctor.

Feel free to discuss further.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Follow up: Dr. Chintan Solanki 17 minutes later
thank you
Brief Answer:
Welcome

Detailed Answer:
You are welcome. Hope he will be fine soon.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Dr. Chintan Solanki

Psychiatrist