What causes high blood glucose level during pregnancy?
Yes, normal result.
Thanks for writing to us with your health concern.
Yes this is a normal result.
However, please upload the exact report for me to be sure of the lab and its ranges.
Looking forward to hearing from you.
Yes, modifying your diet will help
Basically it should be less than 140, so technically it is normal. But it is borderline.
So you should modify your diet. Cut down on excessive sugar, salt, oil, spices. Use natural substitutes like honey, jaggery, lemon. Have steamed, grilled or roasted food, that is fresh and hot. Have home made simple food instead of processed food. Curtail the use of potatoes, rice, starch etc.
You can get the test repeated after 2 weeks of diet control.
Hope this answer helped you.
You can reach me directly anytime using the following link -
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes elevated tsh level during pregnancy
- What causes increase in hcg levels during pregnancy
- What causes high alkaline phosphate level during pregnancy
- What are the causes of glucose increase
- Causes high blood glucose level
- What is the cause of falling hcg level during pregnancy
- What causes glucose in urine
- What causes high sgot and sgpt levels during pregnancy
- Causes of low blood glucose
- Tooth abcess causing high blood glucose