What causes heel pain while walking, running and jumping?

Dr. T Shobha Deepak

Posted on Tue, 17 Nov 2015 in General Health
Question: Hi there
Its been a week now. Every time i walk down stairs, run jump, flex my feet up wards i feel i get a sensation in my heels. It happens in both feet. I can stand on my tippy toes and its fine.

I have started running and i was moving furniture friday.
I cannkt stop wondering if its MS or a tumor. I suffer with anxiety. I do have lower back ache and feel really tight. I have extremelygood flexibility still. I went to see a doctor on monday but im still anxious. Please help
Answered by Dr. T Shobha Deepak 16 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Likely to be due to plantar fasciitis

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Welcome to Healthcare-Magic
Greetings of the day

Dear Ms

Going by description of your symptoms , the cause of discomfort over heal is likely to be due to plantar fasciitis(inflammation of fascia of sole of foot). Inappropriate footwear, prolonged standing could be risk factors, also associated anxiety could aggravate the discomfort.

I woiuld suggest you the following

1. Hot water fomentation

2. Multivitamin Supplement

3. Analgesics like Ibuprofen taken for short term will be helpful

Do get back to me if you need any further assistance, will be glad to assist you

Take Care

Best Regards
Dr Shobha Deepak
MBBS,MD
Follow up: Dr. T Shobha Deepak 4 minutes later
Should i be worried or concerned? Its in both feet?

The wierd sensation is amost loke pins and needles for a second the. Goes like a shooting pain
Answered by Dr. T Shobha Deepak 2 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Unliklely to be serious

Detailed Answer:
Dear Ms

Pins and needle sensation is likely to be due to vitamin deficiency. If there is no associated weakness in feet or absence of back ache then there is no cause for concern. Religiously following the advise will be helpful.

Do keep me updated about progress

Take Care

Shobha