question-icon

What causes heavy bleeding from nose?

Posted on Mon, 23 May 2016
Question: I have some problem with the interior of my nose. I blew my nose and a blood vessel seemed to break as I lost a ridiculous amount of blood before it finally clotted. It happened 2 days later 3 times that day (twice without any blowing). It happened the following day as well. It seems I have some kind of damage. Is there something I need to do to close this vessel or just let it heal? How long before I can blow my nose again?
Answered by Dr. Krunal Karade (46 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
In my opinion , you should consult ENT Specialist for nose examination.

Detailed Answer:
I have read your query and understand your concern.

Till then , i would advice use Saline nasal rinse or spray thrice daily .
Antihistaminic Tab Claritin (Loratadine 10mg) at night & tab vitamin c twice daily .
Avoid nose blowing , nose itching & finger nail trauma .
It will heal within 3-4 weeks .

Avoid nose blowing , use Saline nasal rinse or spray thrice daily to clean nose .

You will get relief .

Hope this information helpful to you .If you have any further questions I will be happy to help.

Regards.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Naveen Kumar
Dr. Krunal Karade

ENT Specialist