What causes heavier and loose breast during lactation?
Kindly read ahead
Thanks for posting in HCM.
During breastfeeding the breast tend to get heavier due to milk accumulation and look heavier and loose. But it is expected during lactation period for baby feeding.
Once the lactation period is past, say after 1 year or so, she can start some exercises for chest muscles by which the tissues around breast might make it look firmer.
Do not apply any cream or ask her to take any medications for the same. Its a physiological process and the changes are expected and bound to happen.
After post partum when she will loose some weight and do some exercises she can regain her pre pregnancy shape but you should be equally supportive in this period as its an emotional turnmoil for new mothers. Keep her happy and she can go back to previous shape with love and support.
Please do not seek help in medications or creams for the purpose you wish, it can be harmful instead of being helpful.
I hope I have answered your question well.
If you have any questions kindly ask me back.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes breast inflammation
- What causes pain in breast
- What causes lactation
- Lactational breast abscess causes
- What causes a sore breast
- What causes male lactation
- What causes breast soreness during pregnancy
- What causes fibrocystic breast
- What causes breast pain during periods
- What causes bleeding and breast tenderness during menopause