• question-icon

What causes heart burn and chest pain post intake of Amlong?

Posted on Tue, 31 May 2016 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Question: Hello,

Iam 53 year old male from XXXXXXX i was suffering from high blood pressure,doctor suggested to take amlong 2.5,also iam unable to sleep properly since 5-6 days,hardly iam getting sleep for 2-3 hrs,for sleep doctor has given me Zolfresh 5mg .i have taken the amlong medicne for 4 days ,but since last night i was having heart burn and slight pain.Is it because of amlong 2.5??Please advise me.

Thanks
Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Stress is the likely cause of your heartburn

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.

I have gone carefully through your query and understand your concerns. The first thing that I would insist for is lifestyle change. In order to control hypertension, the first and foremost thing to do is to avoid stress. Meditation and yoga will help you achieve the same. Stress is teh likely cause of your sleeplessness. Stress also triggers excess gastric acid secretion which is the likely cause of your heartburn. As of now, taking omeprazole once daily before breakfast should help.

Reduce your salt intake. Take the medicine (Amlong) daily and Zolfresh as required. Exercise regularly. You would be fine.

Let me know if I could help further.

Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha