What causes hearing of heart beat while sitting or sleeping?

Posted on Sat, 13 Jun 2015 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Question: while I am sitting or sleeping.why I am able to listen the heart sound?is there any abnormality...
Answered by Dr. Benard Shehu 38 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Nothing worrisome

Detailed Answer:

No, there is nothing abnormal in feeling your heart beats while sitting or sleeping.

As long as you are not having difficulty in breathing or arrhythmia, there is nothing to worry about.

All the best!
Dr.Benard
Follow up: Dr. Benard Shehu 2 days later
from the blood test biochemistry urea,serum found to be 9 mg per dL. is it normal.if not normal whats the problem and what remedy can be taken. is eating banana after frenuloplasty operation is recommended?and what other food recommended.
Answered by Dr. Benard Shehu 15 hours later
Brief Answer:
Following advice.

Detailed Answer:
Hi back,

Your urea serum levels is normal and you shouldn't worry about it.

Banana is recommended to be eaten after frenuloplasty. As a general rule you should avoid aphrodisiac foods and activities for 2 weeks in order to avoid pain.

Hope this was of help!
Wish you health!
Dr. Shehu
Follow up: Dr. Benard Shehu 33 minutes later
its 7 days after my frenuloplasty operation. can I take a whole body bath in normal cool water.and what fruits are recommended for quick recovery.
Answered by Dr. Benard Shehu 16 minutes later
Brief Answer:
You can take a whole body bath with normal water, consume fresh fruits...

Detailed Answer:
Hi back,

You can take a whole body bath with normal water. There's no special fruits. The only recommendation is to eat fresh and seasons fruits to help with a fast recovery.

Wish you a fast recovery!
Dr. Shehu
Dr. Benard Shehu

Cardiologist