What causes headaches with allergic infected hives on outer ear?
I recently had a bad headache with infected hives (I think it was from insect bite allergy) on my outer ear, it was significantly painful and so huge. I asked HealthCare magic doctor and she diagnosed Perichondrtitis. Because if her help, I got the best care from my doctors in my town.
My doctors are puzzling now how did it happen. My Allergist opinion has been differed from My dermatologist and PCP. My Allergist thinks hives cannot be the result of environmental allergen, and I am thinking my ear was from insect bite allergy.
But my PCP and Dermatologist thinks both insect bites and environmental allergy casued my awollen ear and cellutitis. I am confused. I believe all doctors opinions becaue they are my doctros but I feel that this outer ear infection was from bug bites becaue I found I have a pimple like sore after my ear recovered from swelling.
Going back to my question, I was clearning very dusty environment with bed bug infestation on my knees before this ear infection haappened. I didn't have any cough, sneezing or runny nose. I didn't even know I had environmental allergy such as dust mites, animal dander, tree pollen and weed, until my prick test revealed in Feburary so i am still confused how much dusty environment I have to avoid if this Perichondrtitis episode in the future.
I was wondering if dust mites caused this much of allergic hives with outer ear infection. How bad my environmental allergy is to make this hives if it was not casued by insect bites?
bite or infected gland. recurrence is rare.
I went through the query and understood your concern.
1. I have many patients in my clinic coming with sinusitis without having any respiratory and rhinitis problem. The chances are more among patients with deviated nasal septum. Respiratory exercises will help them along with anti inflammatory drugs. Few will be benefitted by antihistamine like cetrizine.
2. Since the swelling is localised to one ear the chance of insect or bug bite or any obstructed gland leading to infection (perichondritis or cellulitis) is more possible. Environmental allergen usually presents with rhinitis or respiratory problem or allergin reactions in the exposed parts like fore arms etc. So the chances due to environmental allergens are rare.
3. No need to worry for further episode. As the allergen causing cellulitis is very rare. But need to avoid any bite from bugs / mites which can cause inflammatory reactions. More over you don't have any other symptoms of allergic reaction. So be relaxed.
If happen then apply cold compression for inflammation, take anti inflammatory drugs and for allergic responce antihistamines like cetrizine will help.
Regular cleaning of your clothes and bedding should be done. Sun dry your clothes. Daily exercise will help you more.
I hope this information helps you and answered your questions.
Feel free to ask for any further queries. I will be glad to answer them.
Wish you good health.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes frequent hives
- Infected stitches cause hives
- Can a tooth infection cause hives
- What causes hives during pregnancy
- What causes hives rash
- What diseases can cause hives
- Infected wisdom tooth cause hives
- Could an infected tooth cause hives
- Can infection cause hives
- Can ear infections cause hives
- Experiencing slight pinches at the top of heart. Have heart burn and...
- Have low thyroid, having rashes and cramping in legs. Suggest the...
- Body tingles while coughing. Anything wrong?
- Have swelling in perineum. Having reddish discharge near anus. Diagnosis?
- On ropinerol and levodopa for parkinson's disease. Hallucinating...
- Is it possible to have a tonsil stone lodged in the epiglottis?
- Have tenderness on head. Taken methylprednisolone. Done blood test...
- Vein in hand keeps twitching and pulsating. Reason?
- Swallowed a gold crown. Suggest the treatment
- Friend suffering from chicken pox. Should I take any medicine as a...