What causes headache with pain in back and low grade fever?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Feb 2018
Feb 2018

General Surgeon
Question
I am asking this for a friend in the Philippines. I quote "I had a bad headache every day - mostly at night. I always take a medicine as pain reliever. I can't take the pain and I always have a low fever at night" and "I don't know why it is always happening. I have bad headaches - always at night and I had a pain in the back of the neck. I had a low fever mostly at night. Nothing I can do but take medicine always. It relieves the pain but back again the next night"
Posted Tue, 26 Aug 2014 in Hypertension and Heart Disease

Answered by Dr. T Chandrakant 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Malaria as the most probable cause.

Detailed Answer:
HI.
Thanks for your query for a friend in Philippines.
This is a classical Symptom complex of Malaria. Headache, pain in the back of neck and low grade fever.

Ask your friend to undergo the tests of CBC and Malaria by slide and antigen method.

Also Ask your friend to visit the Doctor and request for medicines effective against Malaria and it will be fine. The Doctor in the area where your friend is will know the best which medicines are most effective in that particular area.

All the best .