What causes headache, dizziness and chest discomfort while having hypertension?
Get a ECG done
This is Dr Sameer, cardiologist from Fortis Hospital.
As you a 47yr male, a hypertensive you are risk of heart disease.
High BP can cause headache, giddiness, light headidness, sinking feeling. Chest pain can be because of lot of reasons. It can be simple gastritis too. If the chest pain is increasing on activity(like walking) than their are high chances of it being cardiac.
A ECG & troponin test will tell if it is cardiac or not. If both comes normal than be assured that it is not any acute cardiac event.
If both are normal, for future risk evaluation of cardiac event get a stress echo done which will tell accurately whether their is chances of cardiac event happening in future.
Wishing you a good health
Dr Sameer Maheshwari
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes shortness of breath with chest discomfort
- Chest discomfort and frequent headaches
- Dizziness headache chest discomfort
- Chest discomfort caused by cpap
- Headache with odd chest discomfort
- Headache and slight chest discomfort
- Headache stomach pain chest discomfort weak dizzy
- What causes chest discomfort and wheezing
- What is the cause and treatment for chest discomfort
- What causes dyspnea heaviness in her chest and some chest discomfort
- Is Xarelto advisable before knee surgery?
- What causes increased heart rate and headaches?
- What causes headache, dizziness and chest discomfort while having...
- What causes sudden drop in heart rate while on Bystolic?
- What causes pain in the right side of the chest?
- What does the following TMT report indicate?
- Suggest treatment for chest pain
- What do recurrent episodes of dizziness and headaches indicate?
- What does this ultrasound report indicate?
- Suggest treatment for mild chest pain when diagnosed with AFib