What causes headache, body pain, nausea and fever?

Dr. Panagiotis Zografakis

Posted on Tue, 7 Jun 2016 in Digestion and Bowels
Question: I have body aches, headache,nausea, no vomiting, temp. 97, and non stop diarhea. What can it be?
Answered by Dr. Panagiotis Zografakis 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
gastroenteritis probably

Detailed Answer:

what you've described sounds a lot like a typical case of gastroenteritis. The absence of fever is good but advil may mask the fever. An important sign to note is the presence of blood in the stool, particularly if it's mixed with the stool (not on top of it that is or on the toilet paper).

The cause of such a gastroenteritis cannot be determined without testing, although in many cases the cause is never found or it's found after the resolution of the symptoms.

Regarding treatment, adequate hydration should be your main goal. A practical tip is to check the color of your urine. If it's dark yellow then you're probably dehydrated. If they look like water, it's possible that you've drunk too much water. If you can't consume adequate quantities of fluid then intravenous hydration might be required.

Of course you should visit your doctor for a complete assessment and a diagnosis, particularly if the symptoms persist unchanged after the first 24 hours.

I hope you find my comments helpful!
You can contact me again, if you'd like any clarification or further information.

Kind Regards!
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T