What causes haemorrhoids with vaginal discolouration?

Dr. Saddiq Ulabidin

Posted on Mon, 22 Aug 2016 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: I am experiencing problems with a small hemorrhoid, The pain and itching is better but now I am seeing a very dark color on my skin surrounding my entire vulva area all the back passed my rectal area. I still have some irritation but the skin discolor has me concerned. We are leaving for vacation tomorrow so will not be able to see a doctor for a week.
Answered by Dr. Saddiq Ulabidin 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Needs to be examined but can be bruise or local skin reaction

Detailed Answer:
Hi! Welcome to health care magic! Thanks for sharing your concerns with us. We will try to help you in best way possible. First of all, it is sad to
know what you had gone through. Based on the history you have shared, it can be a bruise or blood accumulation under the skin but exact comments sgould be reserved for clinical examination or on the picture of the rash. Needs to be evaluated on blood clotting profile. Dark color can also be due to skin tanning or due to local reaction to the local preparation that you are using. If it isn't painful or limmited it can wait bit if you experience blood in stools or any other bleeding disorder it would need urgent medical review. Meanwhile keep yourself constipation free and use laxatives or stool softeners if decreased stool frequency is present. Local applications containing micronized and diosmin and hesperidin combinations are given if haemorrhoids are persistantly troubling you. Wishing you a great health. If you have any more questions, feel free to ask. Regards.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad