What causes frequent urination?
Recurrent infections always have underlying cause
Hello ma'am and welcome.
Thank you for writing to us.
I have gone through your query with diligence and would like you to know that I am here to help you as much as possible.
Frequent urination is a indication of a possible infection some where in the urinary tract. Other symptoms that also point towards the same direction are:
-Less quantity of urine passed each time
-Burning sensation while passing urine
-Chills (not always)
-Itching around the genitalia
-Fever (not always)
-General sense of poor health
-Dehydration symptoms (not always)
and a few others.
From your query, I understand that you have had two recent episodes of cystitis, which indicates a recurrent infection or inflammation. Recurrent infection or inflammation is almost always due to some underlying cause. Unless this cause is found and addressed, the infection/inflammation shall keep recurring.
A list of most common causes in women include:
-Pelvic inflammatory disease
-Tumors or cancers
-Previously untreated infections
and a few others.
I would strongly recommend the following ma'am:
-An abdominal and/or transvaginal ultrasound
-Complete blood count
-Vaginal swab test
-Urine culture and sensitivity
-Physical and/or bimanual examination
Please report to your doctor for the same ma'am. Also initiating an antibiotic to address the current symptoms would greatly help. I hope you find my response both helpful and informative. Please feel free to write back to me for any further clarifications, I would be more than happy to help you.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What are the underlying causes for frequent urination
- What causes frequent urination at bedtime
- What is the cause of weakness and frequent urination
- What is the cause for headaches and frequent urination
- What poison causes frequent urination
- What is the cause for pressure that causes frequent urination
- What are the causes of frequent urination at night
- What is the cause and treatment for frequent urination
- What could be the cause of frequent urination
- What are the causes for frequent urination in children