What causes burnings sensation while urinating?
Could be due to UTI
Thanks for query .Based on the facts that you have posted burning urination with discharge from urethra could be due to UTI or sexually transmitted disease (STD).
I shall be happy if you can post me more details to help me in making precise comments
1) Did you have unprotected sex with unknown female partner ?
Consult qualified Urologist for clinical examination and get following basic tests done to confirm the diagnosis.
1) Urine routine and culture
2)Swab test of a discharge from urethra.
Take broad spectrum antibiotics like Cefixime along with urinary antiseptic like
Nitrofurantoin twice daily and urine alkaliser thrice daily.Later on switch on to appropriate antibiotics as per culture report.
Get the prescription of medicines from your family Physician.
Ensure to drink more water to keep urine dilute This will help to control dysuria.
Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions,I shall be happy to help you
Thanks and Regards.
It seems it get more irritated at times i think when i have coffee ect maybe its a inflamed bladder?? like cystitis or some think like that.
i will just reconfirm symptoms it burning after i urinate i can feel the discharge come down my penis and when i touch it it smells strong of ammonia that must be the the burning and if i have some thing my bladder dont like ie coffee it gets bad and its also irritating the inside of my penis.
Get Ultrasound Scanning of Kabdomen done
Thanks for follow up .
The burning at the end of urination (Strangury) is typical symptom of infection of bladder (Cystitis)
Though routine urine analysis done by a nurse is negative it does not rule out infection .I would suggest to get following two basic tests done
1) Urine culture
2) Ultrasound Scanning of abdomen .(Kidney ,Ureter and Bladder )
Till then continue taking medicines suggested .
Thanks and regards.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What could cause burning sensation while urinating
- What causes burning sensation with urination
- What causes hot sensation while passing urine
- Burning sensation while peeing what could be the cause
- What is the cause of burning sensation while urinating
- What causes burning sensation while urinating and very light bleeding
- What causes burning sensation when i urinate
- What causes burning sensation in the penis while urinating
- Can jelquing cause burning sensation while urinating
- What causes burning sensation and bleeding while urinating
- Have stomach pain, fever and loose stool. On omniprzole and ciplox. Any...
- Have had cyst removed from lips and noticed rigidness. Will it cure on...
- On medication for BP, body pain and frequent urination. Getting weakness...
- Having pain in testicle and noticed dark skin on it. What to do?
- Took medication for neurological problem and never had a desire for...
- Experiencing prolonged menstrual periods. What to do?
- Have increase frequency and urgency of urination. Any treatment?
- Why does my penis look small when not erect?
- Having on and off mouth ulcer. What is causing this and how to get rid...
- Noticed movable lump on the side of abdomen. What could it be?