• question-icon

What causes frequent seizures while suffering from epilepsy?

Posted on Thu, 29 Jun 2017 in Headache and Migraines
Question: i am suffering from epilepsy,since 1981.at i used to take epilan twice a day, later on i used to take mentat along with epilan. from fifteen years i have been using epiphen 60 along with sodium valporate cr 300, but from 2016 november i am taking leverecitam 500 with sodium valporate cr 500.because recently i have been facing frequent seizures at my head, neck and tongue twitching to right side. sometimes i found that there`s shivering in right hand. is it epilepsy or sleepapnea? if it is epilepsy, what type of seizure is it?
Answered by Dr. Ajay Panwar 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Appears to be seizure like activity.

Detailed Answer:
Hi vijayanandnunna,
Thanks for being on healthcaremagic.com.
I am Dr.Ajay Panwar,a neurologist, here to answer your query.

The symptoms which you have mentioned-head, neck and tongue twisting to right along with shivering in right hand, appears to be seizure like activity. I would suggest that a video EEG should be done in this regard to confirm the same.Depending on the same, seizure medicines dose can be adjusted.

Hope that helps.If you have further questions,I shall be glad to have you in follow-up.

Dr.Ajay Panwar,
MD,DM(Neurology)
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana
Dr. Ajay Panwar

Neurologist