What causes forehead lump with dizziness after injury?

Dr. Muhammad Ahmad

Posted on Fri, 16 Oct 2015 in General Health
Question: I just ran into the door and have a big lump on my forehead. Kinda feel out of it and a little dizzy, is this normal?
Answered by Dr. Muhammad Ahmad 18 minutes later
Brief Answer:
There shouldnt be any problem if fracture is ruled out

Detailed Answer:

Welcome to Health Care Magic.

Thanks for writing.

I am Dr.Muhammad Ahmad. I have read your question completely, i understand your concern and will try to help you in best way possible.

Yes it is normal, if you werent unconscious, didnt vomit and there was no watery discharge though your nose then everything should be fine, for some hours you will feel lethargic and dizzy you should take rest things will get better. Here are a few suggestions.

1) Palpate the are if there is no fracture like line and no depression in the bone then everything is ok.
2) Ice the area regularly.
3) Take Ibuprofen 200mg thrice a day for pain and inflammation.
4) Rub voren voltral brufen or any other pain killer gel in the area.
5) Take good rest better sleep some good hours.
6) Drink loads of fluids.
7) Things are expected to gett better in a couple of days at the most.

I hope this answered your question, a
if you have more please feel free to ask.

Regrads.

Dr.Muhammad Ahmad.

M.B.B.S(Licensed Family Physician)

Resident M.D.