What causes fluctuating heart rate after suffering a heart attack?

Dr. Bhanu Partap

Cardiologist

Posted on Tue, 17 Apr 2018 in Valvular Heart Disease
Question: Hello Doc

My father got a heart attack on 16th nov we though it was acidity and latee when the pain agreevated we came to the hospital by the time we wasted 5 hours . Doc went for angiography and quickly for angioplasty to fix the 100%blockages but still the report says there is an artery which is 90%blocked. Doc has not taken him out of iccu even today. He experienced chest heaviness and litte pain amd heavy acidity vomitting post the surgery meaning the next day.

Now my query is his heart rate is fluctualting amd it shows always above 95 and at timea it goes to 110 as well.

Doc has given today palnep and cardivas to cure that but till now as well his heart rate has nkt reduced .
Answered by Dr. Bhanu Partap 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Please refer to the detailed answer below

Detailed Answer:
Hello XXXXXXX

After going through the medical details provided by you of your father I understand your concern for his health and I would like to tell you that after a heart attack sympathetic drive increases which increase the heart rate also. Body does so in order to compensate for that portion of the heart wall which are not functioning properly so as to maintain cardiac output. Don't worry it will settle down in few days.

The concern here is that as the doctors have stented his LAD and not the other other vessel which was 90% blocked. I want to know what are the plans for that vessel. Have you discussed this with them.

Kind regards
Dr Bhanu partap
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Follow up: Dr. Bhanu Partap 1 hour later
Thank you Dr for your reply
For the other blockage dr has given medicine
Answered by Dr. Bhanu Partap 1 minute later
Brief Answer:
Hello Again

Detailed Answer:
Just have a discussion with them that whether or not they are planning for stent later on for that vessel.

Kind regards
Dr Bhanu partap
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad