What causes flatulence, anal fissures and chest burning sensation?

Dr. Ajit Naniksingh Kukreja

Gastroenterologist, Surgical

Posted on Mon, 22 Aug 2016 in Digestion and Bowels
Question: I am 31 year old male. When I was 14 year old,i met with an accident in which my spleen, large intestine, pancreas and column connecting lung were ruptured. I was operated upon post which i developed problem of flatulence. The problem aggraviated slowly slowly. For the last 8-9 years, i have to go twice to clear my stomach in the morning and some times during evening. During the day time i pass gas at least 20-25 times. I took ranitidine, then Omeprezole. But the stomach clearing issue is not solved. My ultrasounds were alright. I do not have diabetes or any other disease. I used to smoke, which i have stopped recently and i drink alcohol occassionally. Few years back i had fissures and external growth outside anus, which varies its size (i have to press it inside after the stool, but it does not pain). Sometimes it beeds also.
My stool is semi solid with scatterred small lumps.
I have spoken to various doctors (not specialists) and got few medicines which did not make the problem go permanently.
I do not eat spicy food and in case the food is spicy,my chest starts burning. The gas i pass are majorily odourless while stool is not (neither too pungent).
I have tried Kayam churan, Jhandu Pancharisht, but no success.
I am more troubled by the morning schedule and what i perceive is due to gas. Many a times i have to move out for work early, then it becomes very difficult for me. I also take around 15-20 minutes in first time and 5-7 minutes second time
Answered by Dr. Ajit Naniksingh Kukreja 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Seems IBS

Detailed Answer:
Hi

Thanks for writing in

It seems more of irritable bowel syndrome manifesting as gastritis and collitis

I would suggest you take a good probiotic twice a day for 10 days

Avoid spicy fermented fried and junk food
Avoid alcohol

Manage your stress levels
Get a stool culture done and send the reports to me

For fissure and external tag do not try to push it in it will get thrombosed

Your bowel can be regulated once I have the stool report

Hope this helps
Do write back in case of concern
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Follow up: Dr. Ajit Naniksingh Kukreja 9 hours later
Thank you doctor. But i beleive IBS is accompanied by abdominal pain, which is not there in my case.
Also the fissure is not painful. It is a very small external growth which causes discomfort in sitting if not pushed inside.
According to me the main issue is gastritis which makes me go to the toilet again and mostly it is air which passes alongwith small portion of stool and then i am relieved, but after some time i feel that i have gas in the stomach.
I have attached the prescription which i took few days back, it didnt help much though.
Answered by Dr. Ajit Naniksingh Kukreja 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
Gastritis cannot cause lower abdominal symptoms

Detailed Answer:
Hi

Thanks for writing in again

All IBS are not associated with pain in abdomen

Also fissure is painful only if acute - Chronic fissure pains only if hard stool passes
The external tag is result of chronic fissure

I would still advise going for stool report as your symptoms are pointing to IBS with collitis

There is no attachment please resend it

Hope this helps

Do not hesitate to contact me if you have any questions
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng
Follow up: Dr. Ajit Naniksingh Kukreja 2 days later
Thanks you Doctor. I have given my stool sample for culture yesterday and he has said that the reports will be available in 3-4 days.
I would like you to extend the discussion time so that I am able to send the reports and take your feedback regarding my case.
Also, I carefully noticed my problem which i would like to explain again.
In the morning, i take a lot of time in passing stool, which is delayed by intermediate passing of gas. In the second time, i feel the urge to pass stool as well as gas.. And mostly it is gas and little stool.
The gases keep forming and troubling during day, after meals and rest of the time. Generally it does not cause pain, burning sensation if I do not take spicy or oily food (which i avoid).

Secondly, on carefully examining the fissure thing. It is not an internal/external growth. It is the anus which protrudes out during stool and i have to push it in to make the anus normal.
Answered by Dr. Ajit Naniksingh Kukreja 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Take a picture and send

Detailed Answer:
Hi

Thanks for providing the details

I would again emphasize it points to IBS and/Or Collitis

If you feel it is anus coming out I would suggest you take a picture of the protruding part and send it to me or get it examined by a surgeon in your locality

Awaiting your culture report
Follow up: Dr. Ajit Naniksingh Kukreja 43 hours later
Dear Sir, My report has come. I am attaching it. Also I am attaching the photo of the protruding anus.
The prescription which i mentioned earlier is also enclosed.
Answered by Dr. Ajit Naniksingh Kukreja 39 hours later
Brief Answer:
These are prolapsing piles

Detailed Answer:
Hi

Thanks for your followup

Fortunately the stool report is normal so I would suggest you continue the medicines I have suggested

The picture shows prolapsing Grade IV piles and it need surgery

I would recommend rectoanal repair for the same

See if anyone can do it in your locality or else you may drop down to our center of excellence

Hope this helps
Do write nack in case of concern