Likely to be non specific viral infection
Welcome to Healthcare-Magic
Greetings of the day
12 year child presenting with high grade fever
and retro-orbital following medical possibility needs to be considered
1. Non specific Viral infection: More likely
Meningitis:It usually causes Aseptic Meningitis
. The Cerbro-spinal fluid analysis may be negative. Diagnosis will require fundus examination and also PCR Mumps of Cerebro spinal fluid
Fever: Depending on your geographical location possbility of Dengue fever needs to be considered. Usually during investigation the platelet counts may be low.
4. Rheumatic Fever: can be diagnosed by raised ASLO titer and ESR
I hope Surgical cause for vomiting
and fever have been ruled out by abdominal examination and CAT scan of abdomen.
I would suggest you to discuss these probabilities with your treating Physician.
In the meantime, i would suggest you the following
1. Paracetamol: 10 mg per kilogramme body weight per dose, 4 times a day
2. Tepid sponging: Tepid sponging 15 minutes after giving paracetamol.
3. Maintain hydration and nutrition
Do get back to me if you need any further assistance, will be glad to assist you.
Do keep posted abut the progress of child.
Wishing him speedy recovery
Dr Deepak Kishore
Consultant Pediatric Surgeon