What causes feeling high blood pressure?
Recently I have been really stressed due to different family circumstances. My blood pressure is 137/94, only checked it once but for some time have felt it is high. Should I be concerned?
Thanks for your query.
If you have taken your blood pressure once only, and is just 137/94, just above normal, with the stress you have, I do not think you should be really concerned.
Feeling high blood pressure has no role in medical science.
Please check the blood pressure at least for 3 time at different times and at different days. Reduce the salt intake ( if you take added salt), Have less stress.
If required you can request your Doctor to give you a mild anxiolytic.
Meditation and keeping small family issues away will help you maintain a normal blood pressure.
Think at the end of this reading:
How trivial the things may be for which one takes so much tensions !
(Research shows: 40% of what we worry about never happens, 30% is about what happened in the past, 22% is about petty things, 4% is about what will happen and we can really do nothing about it; please decide about yourself)
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Causes of high blood pressure
- Feeling high blood pressure
- What causes erratic high blood pressure
- What causes high blood pressure and a tightening of the chest
- Nyquil cause high blood pressure
- Tonsillitis cause high blood pressure
- Lucozade causes high blood pressure
- What causes high blood pressure and what are the cure
- What is cause of high blood pressure at night
- Sudafed cause high blood pressure