What causes fatigue,stomach pain,low grade fever and headaches?

Dr. Meher Lakshmi Konatam

Oncologist

Posted on Mon, 7 Jul 2014 in Cancer
Question: I am experiencing lots of symptoms that are very bothersome. I am a 30 year old female who began suffering with being tired all the time and constantly getting sinus infections, upper respiratory problems to now having low grade fevers ar night, constant itching, headaches, tired all the time, stomach pains and lots more. My blood test came back with having AA but the doctors and immunologist I have seen cannot figure out what is going on. This has been going on for over five months. Yes, I am on an anxiety medicine and anti depressant, but that isnt the answer. One doctor says Lupus the other says Lymphoma. Please help...what do I do?
Answered by Dr. Meher Lakshmi Konatam 9 hours later
Brief Answer:
you need to get investigated further

Detailed Answer:
From the symptoms you mentioned i feel your immune system is low and hence the repeated infections. You definitely need to get investigated further. before labeling any disorder as functional, definite causes need to be ruled out.
first record your temperature with thermometer and make a note.
For lupus, ask your doctor and get ANA, antinuclear antibody test done.
To rule out lymphomas and bone marrow disorders, you need to get scans of whole body and bone marrow biopsy. If something is spotted on scan, you need to get biopsy of that lesion.
Once all this is done, diagnosis would be confirmed and treatment would allay all your symptoms.
All the best
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad