What causes fatigue, low libido, occasional dizziness, muscle pain and cramps?

Dr. Aarti Abraham

OBGYN

Posted on Tue, 27 Oct 2015 in Women's Health
Question: I am having several "weird" symptoms that don't seem to go together. They include: fatigue, muscle/joint pain (hips, hands) as well as muscle cramps in fee and calves, low sex drive and occasional dizziness. I am a 46 year old female in menopause. Could this be related to the menopause or could it be something different?
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 19 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Yes, likely to be menopause.

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for writing to us with your health concern.
I am reasonably certain that this constellation of symptoms belongs very much to menopause.
Please try and consult your doctor to see if a trial of HRT makes a difference to the symptoms.
That will confirm it.
All the best.
please feel free to discuss further.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Neel Kudchadkar