What causes facial redness while suffering from low BP?
What do you think may be causing this? Why would my bp drop so low as to cause a faint then my not require anything for days? I am a white male age 73. Thank you. XXXXXXX
fluid loss is a cause of low blood pressure
HI, thanks for using healthcare magic
Dehydration is a cause of low blood pressure. This is the reason that some blood pressure medication cause a person to pass out fluids because getting rid of excess fluid can cause a drop in blood pressure.
So not drinking enough or if a person is losing a lot of fluids, causes a drop in blood pressure.
It is possible , as your doctor suggested therefore, that this is the cause of your low blood pressure.
Once the fluid is replaced and it is where it is suppose to be , the blood pressure would go back up.
This does not mean that you should restrict your fluid intake because it is essential to body functioning.
There are also some blood pressure meds that can cause fainting as a side effect.
This is a possible side effect of atenolol so if it recurs then you can speak to your doctor about this possibility.
I hope this helps, feel free to ask any other questions
this causes fluid loss
The hctz is a diuretic, causes fluid loss, to help control the blood pressure.
This may have contributed to your dehydrated state and consequently the low blood pressure.
Would have to careful about using enough fluids- the normal recommended 8 glasses (unless you have heart or kidney disease where a reduction in fluids is advised)
Please feel free to ask any other questions
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes darkened skin with low bp and severe itching
- Does subutex cause low bp
- Can periods cause low bp
- What causes low bp
- What to eat for low bp
- What causes low bp in a child
- Food poisoning cause low bp
- What is the cause for low bp after taking stamlobeta
- Can depression cause low bp
- Low bp causes
- On insulin for diabetes. Missing periods. Pregnancy test negative. What...
- Having cramps and periods. Took advil. What should I do to get relief...
- I am 20 years old. Trying to increase height. Suggest some medicine
- Having sarcoidosis disease. What happens when they come into contact...
- After waking up there is a loud pop and the hearing improves. Looking...
- Put oxygen in nose during colonoscopy. Started sneezing and runny nose....
- Had intercourse. Getting burning sensation when urinating. What are the...
- what does Minor linear atelectasis and fibrosis posterobasal segment...
- Have blocked bile duct. Scan could not found gall bladder. What is the...
- Ultrasound showed benign cyst in kidney. Blood test showed low vitamin...