question-icon

What do tightness in the chest and high BP indicate?

Posted on Wed, 8 Nov 2017
Question: Im experiencing tight chest and high blood pressure.
Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha (2 hours later)
Brief Answer:
You need to be on regular medication.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.

I have gone carefully through your query and understand your concerns. The tightness in the chest is possibly due to gastroesophageal reflux but since it could also be due to other serious causes, it would be a good idea to visit the ER and to get yourself evaluated. The high blood pressure complicates the matters and calls for regular medication. You need to do this by remaining under the follow up with your treating physician. Limiting salt intake and regular intake of BP medication is essential.

Let me know if I could help further.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana
Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha