Suggest remedies for severe stress and anxiety
My blood pressure has been around 140/100 and I can’t seem to calm myself down enough right now and when I get nervous it goes a bit higher.
I’ve never had blood pressure issues before. I’m 38. Probably 15-20 overweight. I don’t smoke, I don’t drink, no caffeine and I exercise daily but I do eat sugary foods and some fried foods.
Do you think it’s a temporary stress thing or should I talk to a dr about meds?
Few things you should take care
After going through the medical details provided by you I understand your concern for your health and I would like to tell you that Stress and anxiety are one of the biggest factor that can cause a rise in blood pressure and heart rate.
If your blood pressure goes high only when you are tensed or stressed out and remains normal (<140/90mmhg) otherwise then there is no need of bp medication.
You have to monitor your blood pressure regularly twice daily for 7 days and if stays high in most of the reading then antihypertensive should be started. Also you need to reduce the intake of fried food and high salt diet.
I hope this information will guide you properly.
Dr Bhanu partap
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes severe headaches with anxiety and stress
- High neutrophils stress anxiety
- Is rescue remedy advisable for treatment of anxiety and stress
- Suggest simple way to reduce anxiety and stress
- Stress and anxiety any suggestions
- Taking alzam for anxiety headaches and stress need remedy
- Herbs for anxiety and stress
- Depression stress anxiety
- Vitamins for stress and anxiety
- Suggest treatment for stress and anxiety