What causes excessive sweating?

Dr. Anshul Varshney

Posted on Tue, 13 Sep 2016 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: My husband is experiencing unexplained sweating. Woke up last night sweating. Sweating today for no reason. It stopped and then start again and has now stopped. Stomach feel squeeze. Has been taking tums for indegestion on and off for the past two weeks. Could this possibly be a heart attack or heart related
Answered by Dr. Anshul Varshney 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
Cardiac status needs to be evaluated.

Detailed Answer:
Welcome To HCM. I am Dr Anshul Varshney. I understand your concern.
Such abdominal squeezing with sweating needs evaluation of heart at priority as it could be anginal pains.
Take him to ER, get his ECG, Chest X-ray, Trop T done and all if normal, he would require Ultrasound Abdomen to rule out presence of any stone or abdominal issues causing pain and sweating.
However if cardiac, that's medical emergency so should be considered priority.
So please take him to ER Now.
I hope it helps you.
If you have any further query, please ask me.