What causes excessive sweating, muscle weakness, dizziness and confusion?
Low blood glucose or pressure
Sorry to note your symptoms. They are indeed worrisome. It could well be due low blood glucose or low blood pressure. In your list of medications that you have provided I do not see any diabetes related medications. Are you on something for diabetes ? I suggest you seek immediate medical evaluation to get to the bottom of this problem. Next time symptoms like these occur call 911 and check your blood sugar and blood pressure. If either of these is low , your medication choices need to be adjusted.
Thank you for your response. As you note, I do find these episodes worrisome.
Perhaps to aid you further, a complete list of my medications follow:
375mg Efexor-XR (Mane);
10mg Forxiga (Mane);
1000mg Diabex (BD);
50mg Doxycycline 50mg (Mane);
75mg Plavix (Clopidogrel) (Mane);
8mg Perindopril (Mane);
40mg Nexium (Esomeprazole) (Mane);
80mg Lipitor (Atorvastatin) (Nocte)
145mg Lipidil (Fenofibrate) (Nocte);
50mg Metoprolol (BD);
10mg Zanidip (Lercanidipine) (Nocte);
15mg Diazepam (Nocte);
500mg Epilim (Sodium Valporate) (Mane); and
1.2mg/ml Victoza (Liraglutide) (SC - Mane).
I see both an endocrinologist and a cardiologist. Should I refer these episodes to both specialists. Thank you for your time, and kind regards.
Yes most certainly you need to see both these type of doctors.
Please check your blood glucose and pressure readings during the episodes.
Typcally the three diabetes medications you have listed :
Forxiga, Diabex and Victoza
are not known to cause low glucose reactions though.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What can cause excessive sweating
- Excessive sweating is cause by marijuana
- Excessive sweating causes
- What causes excessive sweating migraine and dizziness while standing up
- Excessive sweating lightheadedness dizziness and nausea causes
- Medical causes excessive sweating
- What is causing excessive sweating in face and head
- Excessive sweating what could be causing this
- What causes excessive sweating and redness in ears
- Implanon cause excessive sweating