What causes excessive sweating and sore throat in a young adult?

Dr. Sandip Kabra

Posted on Mon, 19 Sep 2016 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Question: Hey Doctor,

I am male 27 year old, My body is getting hot in afternoon, evening and night and producing sweats, I have a very minor sore throat. This has been happening for past 1 month now. Please help

Answered by Dr. Sandip Kabra 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
should be evaluated further.

Detailed Answer:
Welcome to HCM,

I read your question carefully and understand your concern.

The most common cause for this type of symptom is a vasovagal which may be due to an fall in heart rate and blood pressure.

It may happen because of some triggering factors like fear and emotional distress, fatigue or standing for a long time, heat exposure.

It is a form of overreaction of the body. However,sore throat is very unlikely related here.

Since you are having these symptoms from past 1 month,I will want to rule out some other causes such as heart related (arrhythmia) or metabolic abnormalities. They should be evaluated further.

So,I would recommend you to undergo some routine tests such as EKG, heart ultrasound, blood tests like blood count, glucose, electrolytes, thyroid function tests.

You can consult some local physician who will know about it.

For sore throat,you can take over the counter pain killer and anti-inflammatory combination (like combiflam) with antihistamine tablet (cetrizine) for symptomatic relief. Antiseptic or salt water gargles would also be helpful.

Hope this helps and let me know if you have more questions.

Dr.Sandip Kabra
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Veerisetty Shyamkumar