What causes excessive sweating and extreme weakness?

Dr. Sonia Raina

Posted on Tue, 7 Jun 2016 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Question: What are the possible reasons for breaking out in a heavy sweat all over your body and feeling extremely weak at the same time?
Answered by Dr. Sonia Raina 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
needs to be investigated

Detailed Answer:
Hello, greetings!
Thanks for posting your query in hcm.
There can be a number of conditions for the above mentioned symptoms. You have to be investigated for the following conditions;-

- Altered blood sugar levels can be a causative factor, especially low blood sugar levels, you must get your blood sugar levels tested.
-Heart issues like rhythm disorders and altered blood pressure levels. I would recommend you to get an ECG done along with regular monitoring of blood pressure.
- Another possibility can be of a XXXXXXX stroke (Transient Ischaemic attack) which needs detailed evaluation by a neurologist.

I suggest you to get these investigations done along with a complete blood count and renal function test as well.
If you have further doubts/ clarifications you may get back to me.
Dr. Sonia
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Follow up: Dr. Sonia Raina 16 minutes later
Thank you!
Answered by Dr. Sonia Raina 3 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Welcome

Detailed Answer:
You are welcome.
Dr. Sonia