• question-icon

What causes excessive perspiration after treatment for gonorrhea and syphilis?

Posted on Mon, 14 Aug 2017 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: I was treated for gonherrea and syphalis 3 months ago. I have been constantly perspiring since then. Both treatments were successful. How do I stop the excessive perspiration
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
What are the average environmental temperatures?

Detailed Answer:

I have reviewed your information fully. I will like to know if this just coincided with summer and rising temperatures or not. Also, would you sweat to the same extent even if you were in a colder environment? I am of the thinking that increased temperatures this winter coincided with your treatment and not that the treatment or medications could have resulted in this.

Beside sweating, are there any other symptoms like fast heart rate, palpitations, loose stools, etc? If yes, this may raise questions about a possible thyroid disease.

I hope to hear back from you. Will recommend that you try to stay in cool environments. When sweating much, endeavor to drink much water to compensate for this.

I hope to hear from you on the above concerns!
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Follow up: Dr. Chobufo Ditah 14 minutes later
This happens even in airconditioning, there is no loose stool or heart palpitations. It stops and starts throughout the day. There is no smell, and it happens fairly irregularly.
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 16 hours later
Brief Answer:
I recommend monitoring only for now!

Detailed Answer:

I have reviewed this added information. It does;t point to s specific disease condition being a problem, at least for now. I am more of the belief this will subside spontaneously. Besides, it provide no immediate threat to health and if waiting a bit will offer more information that will help us continuation evaluation, I would rather choose that option than aggressive medical intervention.

Keep me posted with this and if any new symptom set in, hint m right away. I will be here to review and guide. However, spontaneous recovery is more likely than not.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Dr. Chobufo Ditah