• question-icon

What causes enlarged left testicle and painful loose testicles?

Posted on Fri, 3 Jun 2016 in Sexual Health
Question: I have problem with my testicals from past 2 days my right testicals is larger then left one and both testicals are very loose and upside down.

I have problem with my testicals from past 2 days my right testicals is larger then left one and both testicals are very loose and upside down and my both balls slightly paining.
Answered by Dr. Chintan Solanki 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
variation in size is normal

Detailed Answer:
Hello XXXXXXX

Thanks for writing to us. I can understand your concern.

I want to clarify about normal anatomy.

One testicle is often slightly larger than the other. This is usually normal and nothing to worry about. The left testicle usually hangs lower than the right one in most of the males and in few, right is lower than left. It is also common that the testicle that hangs lower tends to be smaller in size.

Testicles are there in scrotum muscles. When this musculature is relaxed, testicles felt loose and that is normal.

For the best confirmation about your size your genitals should be examined by a doctor physically.

Pain is the only problem in your case. Please let me know more details.

If you are sure that there is change in size of right testicle itself (not in comparison to left) better to consult doctor for sonography.

- Is pain associated with masturbation/ sex or any movement or is it just there?

- Are you feeling any swelling/lump in testicles?

- Is there any history of injury?

- Any other associated symptom like fever, urine problem?

Hope I have answered your query, I will be happy to help further.
Dr.Chintan Solanki.

Follow up: Dr. Chintan Solanki 5 hours later
but i have slightly pain
Answered by Dr. Chintan Solanki 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
take pain killer for a while

Detailed Answer:

If there is slight pain, take diclofenac or ibuprofen for a while for that. If pain persists or appear again please consult doctor for examination.

Follow up: Dr. Chintan Solanki 13 minutes later
Sorry Sir, I was not answered your question bcoz i answered without read whole answer. btw sir did you see attached picture??

- Nope my pain just there but first day was paining too much but now very sharp also my testicals now hard but right one bigger then other.
- nope there is no swelling or lump in testicals
- Nope not any injuries at all
- Nope there is not any symptom like fever or urine problem
Answered by Dr. Chintan Solanki 22 minutes later
Brief Answer:
it is ok, if sharp pain, please consult doctor for examination

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for information.

If sharp pain is there and change in size of testicle form previous, please consult general surgeon for examination. Doctor may advise sonography.
I just want to inform that in young age testicle tumor is common and sometime there is no symptom other than pain. Better to rule out this possibility through appropriate examination and investigations.

Feel free to discuss further.

Dr. Chintan Solanki

Psychiatrist