What causes elevated creatinine levels after taking Coversyl and Norvasc?

Posted on Mon, 15 Jun 2015 in Kidney Conditions
Question: My creatinine level was constant at around 2.7 for last 10 years. For Blood pressure I was taking 10mg coversyl , 10 mg Norvasc and 5 mg concor. When I replaced coversyl and Norvasc with coveram 10/10, my creatinine jumped to 3.3. I changed back to coversyl and Norvasc. But creatine levels have not come down
Answered by Dr. Divakara 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Both medicines are same.

Detailed Answer:
Hi

Greetings from Dr.Divakara.

First of all I need to know when was your creatinine checked before ? And what was it its value ?

See both Coveram is just combination medicine of Coversyl and Norvasc , so there is no difference between them.

So your elevation in the creatinine is due to Coveram but due to something else. It could be due to either hypertension or Diabetes or dehydration or some other Kidney problems which needs evaluation.

Hope this information was useful to you.
Any clarification feel free to ask .

Regards.
Dr. Divakara