Suggest treatment for high blood pressure

Dr. Bhanu Partap

Cardiologist

Posted on Thu, 19 Apr 2018 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Question: I am suffering from TYPE Two diabetes and also Hypertension. My Sgar levels are between 7 in my HbAic yests . I have been prescribed with Coversyl 25 in the morning and Coversyl plus in the evening alongwith Metpure XL 25. My Blood pressure is not getting controlled and it was 160/100 Is this correct Mix since I am taking Janumet 50/1000 morning and evening and also Insulin 25 units in evening
Answered by Dr. Bhanu Partap 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Please refer to the detailed answer below

Detailed Answer:
Hello Sir

After going through the medical details provided by you i would like to tell you that yes the mix is alright but as your blood pressure is still staying high so its advisable that you should consult your doctor as the medicine dose needs to be adjusted.

So along with medicines you should also control your diet to control blood pressure.

1. You should take low salt diet
2. Fried food items should be avoided
3. Smoking is strictly prohibited (if you do)
4. Start going for a morning walk daily for atleast 30 mins a day for 5 days a week.

I hope this information will be helpful.

Kind Regards
Dr Bhanu Partap
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana