What causes elevated CRP levels?
needs further workup and antibiotics
Thanks for writing to us.
You had mentioned only the crp value.
Definitely it is high which indicates sepsis or bacterial infection in the body.
Infection could be anywhere.
Can you let us know more details
Age of child, symptoms, urine output, alertness level, any current medications, other reports if any like blood culture
With high Crp I usually prescribe antibiotics.
Blood and urine culture may be required to identify the organism.
Get back with further information to help in answering more.
Wishing your child good health.
Try oral antibiotics if not settling may require hospitalisation
You can try oral antibiotics for a day or two
If not improving child may need hospitalisation as per your doctor's advice.
Do get blood and urine culture done.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes high crp and esr
- Elevated esr and crp causes
- Causes of elevated crp
- High crp levels causes
- Causes of elevated crp in children
- What cause high level of sgot esr wbc neutrophils and crp
- What causes high crp levels in children
- Autoimmune diseases causing elevated crp
- What causes crp to increase
- Causes of elevated crp in child
- Constant crying baby,not sleeping,given gripe water.Suggestions ?
- Baby has frequent running nose, sneezing, fever. Prescribed with...
- Swelling of legs after a drive. Is this normal? Or is it related to...
- 23 days baby is having cold and cough, not able to sleep well. Giving...
- Baby started vomitting and loose motion. Losing weight. Stool test done....
- Baby has low weight, elevated liver enzymes. What does this mean? Usual...
- Will consuming omega 3 supplement affect a breast fed child?
- Child felt warm, given Calpol. Blood test suggested. Appreciate a second...
- Child tightens his hands and jaws, makes grunting sound. Is everything...
- Child getting fever, cough and cold frequently. Constant constipation....