What causes ear pain, pain while flexing jaw and cold?
You seem to be suffering from cold.
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.
I have gone carefully through the details. It would be helpful if you could upload an image of the indent using the facility on the upper right of this page. However, based on the description it seems that the complaints are due to a muscle spasm that could be associated with cold. Application of hot compress should be helpful. Also take steam inhalation which will open up the blocked tubes that otherwise connect the inner part of the throat with the middle ear cavity. Releasing these tubes will therefore release the blocked feeling of your ears. Taking some antiallergic like cetirizine once daily for a few days should also be helpful.
Let me know if that helps.
Please reattach image
Thanks for writing back. I waited assuming that the photograph would subsequently come. But till now I do not see any photograph uploaded. Could you please reattach?
Not something to worry about
Thanks for writing back. I have checked the attached image. I noticed the indent. I think the underlying cause to be structural and not something worth being worried about. An underlying pathology is unlikely although it is hard to comment without clinical examination. I do not see a possible correlation with the pain behind your left eye. You have done a good think in taking some anti-inflammatory. However, be sure to take them in full stomach in order to avoid the risk of gastritis.
Let me know if I could help further.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes ear pain
- What is the cause and treatment for ear pain
- What causes throat and ear pain
- What causes left ear pain
- What causes cold followed by ear pain and reduced hearing
- Candibiotic for common cold ear pain
- What causes sudden ear pain
- Suggest treatment for cold and ear pain
- What causes severe ear pain
- What is the ear pain with headache and cold
- Suggest treatment for severe loose motion
- Is there any cure for degenerative mucoid cyst associated with...
- Suggest treatment for chronic severe diarrhea and stomach pain
- Does Klonopin of a different brand cause any adverse reactions?
- What causes unusual sweating?
- Suggest treatment for joints pain in a person with IBS
- What are the side effects of Superglue injection?
- Suggest remedy for excessive dryness in mouth
- Is restarting of Casodex advisable after stopping it?
- Suggest treatment for severe constipation