What causes dryness in the vagina?

Dr. Richa Agarwal

OBGYN

Posted on Wed, 14 Sep 2016 in Women's Health
Question: My vagina is so very dry. Even during intercourse and arousal. I do not become engorged with blood either. I don't orgasm. I get to the peak, and there is no release. My libido is definitely lacking. My skin seems thinner down there too. My hair is falling out by the handful in the shower. My periods are so heavy Ive thought I was going to bleed to death more than once. I'm not exaggerating when I say heavy. So heavy that I can't leave the house 1-2 days of my period. I have to change my tampon every hour due to it full and leaking. There are huge clots as well. HUGE. Like golf ball size. Larger sometimes. All of this has been going on for years. Also, when my daughter was born I had a placental abruption. I lost a lot of blood, was in shock, emergency C-section...the whole nine yards. I recently read about sheehans syndrome. The hospital didn't tell me about what had happened to me or what the later possibilities could be. They told me nothing except "I have to give you a shot or your going to need a blood transfusion or bleed to death. The shot may make you poop yourself."
Anyway.....please help me... I just turned 35 and I miss my body and I miss sex. Oh, Ive also been gaining unexplainable weight. Like 25 pounds since October. I'm an active person. My belly looks so ugly and bloated! HELP SOS 911 Thankyou so much
Answered by Dr. Richa Agarwal 36 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Sheehan's Syndrome could be a possibility in your case.

Detailed Answer:
Hello dear,

Thanks for trusting hcm about your health care.

I have gone through your history and understand your concerns.

The possibility of sheehan's syndrome are there in your case.

To rule it out you should get your hormonal profile and MRI brain .

Treatment in your case is hormonal supplements like estrogen and progesterone.

You should also done your pelvic ultrasound to see any local pathology.

Hope found useful, feel free to ask more information.

Good luck.