Can multiple C-sections increase the risk of uterine rupture?
I have had 3 previous C-sections and was told after my last delivery, 5 years ago, that there is scar tissue and that the bladder is getting attached to the uterus with scar tissue.
I have to have another elective C-section, which will be my 4th!
Can I ask please:
1) How much does having 3 previous C-sections increase my risk of uterine rupture? Doers this only happen if I go into labour?
2) How much does having3 previous C-sections increase my risk of having placenta abruptia?
Welcome to HealthcareMagic,
I am Dr Ramadevi WaniI. I will be answering your concern today.
Uterine rupture usually occurs when you go into labor. Silent rupture is rare. The symptoms of silent rupture are persistent pain in the scar area which may or may not increase in severity. On examination there will be tenderness in the scar area in such a case.
The risk of having placenta previa is about 3% and placenta accreta is about 67% in your case.
Having previous Caesarean section does not significantly increase your risk of having abruption.
I hope this is helpful. Feel free to ask further.
On my 20 week scan they found my placenta was upper anterior. Does this mean that my risk of placenta abruptia or placenta accretia is lower?
I understand c-sections are always done in the lower part of the uterus so am I safer now that my placenta is upper?
If so, what do you think my risk is now?
Thanks very much.
If the 20 week scan has shown upper placenta then definitely you do not have placenta previa. So naturally you will not face its related complications like placenta accreta.
Your risk for placental abruption does not increase because of the previous cesareans. Your risk of having placental abruption will be as that of general obstetric population i.e, about one in 150-200.
If you have further concerns I will be happy to answer.
I am now having yellow discharge. It does not have an offensive smell, although it is not odourless.
I am scared to have more upper vaginal swabs as I've already had a few this pregnancy.
Do you think it is normal to have yellow discharge at 21 weeks (it is not light but not dark, sort of inbetween). There is not much of it.
I'm considering trying optiBak probiotic supplement for women to try return my discharge to white.
Please let me know what you think.
What could this mean?
Are upper vaginal swabs safe in pregnancy?
I've had at least 4(!) so far this pregnancy due to ongoing itching and now I think I have to have another one as I'm still getting yellow discharge and itching.
Is there any risk with upper vaginal swabs such as infection?
I tried stopping the canesten cream and the daktacort cream until I get the results of the swab. I've been on these creams for approximately three weeks.
Unfortunately after one day, the itching got very severe so I had to apply the creams again. When I apply them the itching gets better.
Can you suggest what might be going on here? Does it appear I have thrush as the itching stops with the creams?
On the other hand, how can I stay on these creams for so long?
I am quite worried.
Since you are responding to antifungal treatment, you seem to have fungal infection.
This recurrent candidiasis is sometimes difficult to treat.
The swab result will denote the appropriate treatment to be used.
I hope you have been checked for diabetes. Are you on any antibiotics? These are predisposing factors for recurrent candidiasis.
Wear cotton undergarments. Avoid bubble bath. Avoid oral sex.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Risk of amputation with uterine synechiae
- Uterine involution following caesarean section
- Uterine cancer linked to c sections
- Treatment and cure for uterine rupture
- Uterine hematoma after c section
- Diagnosis of uterine rupture
- Multiple uterine fibroids
- Drugs/medication for uterine rupture
- Uterine rupture causes
- Symptoms of uterine rupture
- What causes cramps and menstruation once in sex months?
- What causes bleeding after sexual intercourse?
- How to confirm date of conception?
- Are ultrasound conception dates accurate?
- Is it safe to start antibiotics before the labour starts?
- What causes early period after having Postinor-2?
- Can TSH test be done after breakfast?
- suggest treatment for symptoms of prolapse of vaginal wall or uterus
- What causes upper abdominal pain during pregnancy?
- Does prolactin level in my blood report indicate pregnancy?