What causes drop in blood pressure level after a dental procedure?

Excellent

Question
I had all my teeth removed dentures put I am still on a soft food diet Beore that my Blood presure was 130/ 80. Now to weeks later I a 96/63 208 pounds. I have been on Lisinopril/HCT 10-12. SMG TAB fror 5 years.
Posted Thu, 7 Aug 2014 in Hypertension and Heart Disease

Answered by Dr. Lohit K 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Change of medicines.weight reduction

Detailed Answer:

I went through the query and understood your concern.

Reduction of blood pressure (BP) from 130/80 to 96/63 without any other pathology means you need to change your BP medications. You can discuss with your doctor to continue Lisinopril alone without the combination of HCT as HCT may cause dehydration and hence hypotension. SO keep monitoring your BP and if it reaches or raises more than 140/90 then you can restart this combination. Also check for the BP apparatus whether showing correctly. Weight reduction will give maximum benefit in maintaining health. Have plenty of oral fluids.

I hope this information helps you and answered your questions. Feel free to ask for any further queries. I will be glad to answer them.

Wish you good health.

Follow-up: What causes drop in blood pressure level after a dental procedure? 5 hours later
So the weight loss in two weeks isn,t a problem? what about when I start eating more I was eating popcorn every day lots of salt but they told me no more popcorn husk may get got in myGums.Have had no pain just trying to get used to Dentures and learn to eat with them.

Answered by Dr. Lohit K 28 hours later
Brief Answer:
Avoid popcorns for few weeks.Weight redn 2kg/6w

Detailed Answer:

Weight reduction to be planned , XXXXXXX 2 kg per 6 weeks. You should maintain your Body Mass Index(BMI) less than 25.BMI= weight in KG/(Height in cm) square. This is to maintain your BP and health. Weight reduction can be done with exercise and low calorie food.

Yes popcorns may affect your oral hygiene. So at least for few weeks avoid popcorn. Once you learn to eat with dentures and get adjusted to it you can restart eating popcorns.

Hope this answered your query and is helpful to you.