What causes dizziness while standing up?
Was dizzy before I took the Hydracodine. Just took it because pain in shoulder from arthritis became unbearable.
Postural hypotension - Slow posture changes and plenty of fluids.
Thanks for asking.
I am Dr. Prakash HM and I will be answering your query.
Based on your query, my opinion is as follows:
1. Dizziness while standing up or changing posture, like from sitting to standing or sleeping to sitting or standing is due to postural hypotension.
2. Postural hypotension is seen due to age related changes in baroreceptors - receptors, which regular blood pressure during change in posture. It will take longer for it to adjust, and any sudden change in posture can cause dizziness.
3. You need to change your posture slowly. Also need to take plenty of fluids, importantly water. Try to avoid dehydrating drinks like alcohol, coffee, cola, soda, etc.
4. Hydrocodone is also known to cause dizziness and along with postural hypotension can be severe. Try to move around slowly. If it persists or becomes severe, hydrocodone may need to be stopped temporarily. You need to discuss with your doctor regarding this.
Hope it helps.
Any further queries, here to help again.
Dr. Prakash HM
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes dizziness while running
- What causes excessive sweating migraine and dizziness while standing up
- What causes dizziness when standing up
- What causes visual blackouts and dizziness while standing up
- What could cause dizziness while standing and numbness in tongue
- What causes dizziness and blurry vision while standing up
- What causes dizziness and brain shaking while sleeping
- What is the cause of dizziness while taking phentermine
- Dizziness while swallowing what is causing this
- What causes dizziness and burps while eating
- Suggest treatment for constipation
- What are symptoms of dementia and Alzheimer's disease?
- Suggest the type of specialist to consult for brooke-spielger syndrome
- Suggest treatment for low hemoglobin and high TSH levels
- What causes fluctuating body temperature after pneumonia?
- Suggest treatment for pain and constipation
- What causes nausea and pain when suffering from esophagitis?
- Suggest treatment for pain after suffering from shingles
- Suggest treatment for aspiration problem
- What causes loss of sense of taste?