Does Donepezil cause a false negative for Hydrocodone in a lab test?

Question
Is there any evidence that donepezil can cause a false negative with hydrocodone?
Mon, 21 May 2018 in Medicines and Side Effects

Answered by Dr. Salah Saad Shoman 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
No

Detailed Answer:
Dear Ma'am,I have gone through your question and I understand your concerns but donepezil is not reported to cause this, however there are many reasons for false negative hydrocodone test..
1) hydrocodone should be taken with food for optimum absorption timing, if you take it on empty stomach , it will be absorbed faster and cleared faster
2) decreased absorption of the hydrocodone ingested and this could be due to inflammatory conditions of the bowel and zinc difficiency
3) late sample ; more than 50% of hydrocodone is execreted within four hours so delayed sample may be collected after hydrocodone was already excreted
4) genetic variants of CYP450 liver enzymes can lead to faster metabolism of hydrocodone and hence a false negative result
I hope you find this helpful